Looking for things to do in Wakefield, MA? Whether you have clients coming into town that you need to entertain or are just looking for something fun to do this weekend, you’ll find it here.
From farmers markets to comedy shows, restaurants, aquariums and roller skating rinks, you are sure to find something fun for all ages!
Below are our top 25 favorite things to do in and around Wakefield, MA:
25 Things to Do in Wakefield, MA
1. Take a relaxing stroll around beautiful Lake Quannapowitt. (Check out our list of 6 ways to enjoy Lake Quannapowitt here!)
2. Sip on a coffee and read a book at the Linden Tree Coffeehouse.
3. Take a walk downtown on Market Street and window shop.
4. Spread a blanket in the park and enjoy a picnic lunch by the gazebo at Lake Quannapowitt.
5. Enjoy a day of fishing at the lake.
6. Catch a breathtaking sunset.
7. Take the kids bowling at Wakefield Bowladrome.
8. During the summer months, test out new outdoor activities at L.L. Bean’s Outdoor Discover School! Classes include kayaking, paddleboarding, flycasting and more right on beautiful Lake Quannapowitt. Learn more.
9. Enjoy a nice historical sightseeing cruise or sunset cruise on Boston Harbor Cruises.
10. Meet hundreds of exotic animals from around the world at Stone Zoo, just 10 minutes from Wakefield.
11. Test your miniature golf skills at Hago Harrington’s Miniature Golf
12. Buy fresh veggies, fruit, bakes goods, salsa, dips and more at the Wakefield Farmers Market which takes place at Hall Park, on the shores of Lake Quannapowitt, every Saturday from 9am-1pm between June 18 through October 15, 2016.
13. Get breakfast at the Blue Moon Grill for the best gluten free pancakes ever.
14. Have a delicious dinner at Billy’s Roast Beef & Seafood.
15. Stop in to Zuzu’s Cafe and Catering for incredible sandwiches, panini’s, and breakfast.
16. Visit the New England Aquarium, a global leader in ocean exploration and marine conservation.
17. Feel like dancing or listening to live music? Discover an abundance of live music events in and around Wakefield.
18. Visit the Salem CultureFest in July to experience many cultures, storytellers, martial artists, dancers and more.
19. Catch an improv comedy show at Improv Boston.
20. Enjoy a show at Wakefield Repertory Theatre
21. Browse Groupon for coupons for restaurants, beauty and spa treatments and things to do in the area.
22. Visit Nicks Comedy Stop for some good ol’ laughter therapy.
23. Visit the Beebe Memorial Library and indulge in some great books.
24. Test your rock climbing skills at the area’s largest indoor rock climbing gym Boston Rock Gym, located in Woburn, MA, only 15 minutes from Wakefield. (Women receive a $5 pass after 5pm!)
25. Pick up a mic and let loose with a little karaoke at the Lakeside Tavern at The Lakeside Inn!
Wakefield Has So Much To Offer!
So, there you have it! Our 25 favorite things to do in Wakefield, MA. If you’re considering visiting or relocating to the area, Wakefield has a lot to offer. One of the reasons we love having our office park in Wakefield is the numerous things to do so close by! If you’re a small business owner looking to rent office space in Wakefield, learn more about our spacious, affordable offices for rent in Wakefield or contact us online.
Only in Wakefield for a Day?
Have limited time in Wakefield? Whether you’re visiting for business or for pleasure, there’s a whole lot to enjoy in Wakefield. Chances are you won’t be able to enjoy everything on this list in one day, so we’ve put together a list of the 8 things to do if you only have one day to spend in Wakefield. Be sure to check it out before you plan your next trip to the Boston area!
Learn More About Office Space in Wakefield MA
Love Wakefield so much that you’re interested in moving your business there? Here are a few articles you might be interested in:
The Perks of Working in an Office in the Suburbs of Boston – Learn about the many benefits of renting office space near Boston rather than downtown.
How to Find Cheap Office Space Near Boston – Office space in and around Boston is in high demand, which can drive prices up. These strategies will help you find office space in the area you’re interested in that will fit your budget.