Are you considering renting office space in the Boston area? If so, we can help!
In this guide, you’ll find useful tips and suggestions for locating affordable office space and commercial rental spaces in and around Boston.
Whether you are a large business, a small business or a new startup on the scene, we can help you find the perfect office space. Follow our step-by-step guide to find all of the information to help get you started!
In this guide, you will learn:
20 Questions to Ask Before Renting an Office Space
Below is a helpful checklist of questions to ask when you’re shopping around for the perfect office space. Download the printable PDF checklist to take with you!
- Is the space big enough for your growing business?
- Is the location convenient for you and your customers?
- Will you have 24/7 access to your office?
- What types of businesses and organizations occupy the other nearby office spaces?
- Is the location right for your employees/potential employees?
- Is there parking available?
- How much does parking cost?
- Is the office space located near stores, banks, post offices, daycare, and other necessary conveniences for you?
- Are you allowed to redecorate?
- Is there a kitchen you can use?
- How hands-on is the management?
- Who is responsible for maintenance?
- Is electricity included?
- Is wifi/phone service included?
- Is there a security system set up?
- Is there room for you to expand?
- What are the leasing agreements if you have to break the lease?
- Will the office be furnished?
- How much is rent?
Where to Find Office Spaces for Rent in Boston
When searching for office spaces for rent, look on Craigslist and on Google. Make sure to include specific phrases such as “affordable” if that’s what you’re looking for, or “office spaces near Boston” if you’re willing to go outside the downtown area. More specifically, if you are looking for “temporary office space” or “office space with daycare centers” that will also help narrow your search!
How to Choose the Perfect Space for You
There are many options to consider when choosing the perfect office space. A few key things to consider include:
- How much can you actually afford?
- Do you work better isolated or surrounded by a group?
- Do you host a lot of client meetings?
- What’s included in the lease?
- Is the office you’re considering convenient for clients?
Touring Office Spaces
Next, after you’ve done your research and you have a general idea of what you’re looking for, you want to pick out your top contenders for office spaces. Write them down on a list and give them a call to schedule a tour. We highly recommend taking a tour so that you can get a real sense of what it would be like to work there, who your neighbors are, what it would feel like going to work each day, etc.
Never pick out an office space without seeing it first. Take the tour!
Signing the Lease
Move in and Decorate Your New Office Space
So, you’ve signed your lease, you got the keys, and you’re ready to move into your new office. Here are a few ideas to help you turn the boring, white-walled office into a place you will love going to every day!
- Add a fresh coat of colored paint – preferably your brand colors. A splash of color can make a world of a difference!
- Buy some plants for the office. (Did you know there are many benefits of plants in the workplace?)
- Spruce it up with unique furniture pieces that reflect your brand and personality.
- Create a wall of photos, awards, or anything that reflects your company personality that you’d like to showcase to the world
- Enjoy your new workspace and make things happen!
Rent Office Space Near Boston at The Lakeside Park
Now that you have the complete guide to renting office space, it’s time to get out there and find the perfect place! Are you looking to rent just outside of Boston? Make sure to check out The Lakeside Park, an office park just 12 miles northwest of downtown Boston that offers commercial leases and office space rentals.
Located on beautiful Lake Quannapowitt, The Lakeside Park office suites come in a variety of different layouts and sizes. The spaces are affordably priced, starting at just $16* per square foot and includes utility costs!
As a tenant at The Lakeside Park, you’ll enjoy high-quality office space near Boston at a much more affordable rate of what it would cost you to rent space downtown. You’ll have access to a number of amenities and services, plus conveniences like daycare, shops and restaurants, entertainment venues and more just minutes.